Recently, there has been a continuous outbreak of new pneumonia in foreign countries, and the demand for masks and other anti-epidemic materials has increased greatly. Due to the skyrocketing air freight prices on ocean routes, many shipping have selected container shipping for transportation, and small orders will also choose international express delivery. Due to different national standards, the export of non-medical masks in my country has been misused for medical treatment. On March 31, the Ministry of Commerce, together with the General Administration of Customs and the Food and Drug Administration, issued the Announcement on the Orderly Development of Export of Medical Materials (No. 5 of 2020), requiring that export of 5 types of products such as medical masks must be obtained from the relevant national drug regulatory authorities. Qualifications meet the quality standards of the importing country (region).
So, how to distinguish medical and non-medical masks quickly and accurately? Let's take a look.
1. Basic classification and subdivision of masks
Masks can be divided into two categories: medical/non-medical. As the name implies, medical masks are mainly used for medical protection, which can be subdivided into three types: medical protection, medical surgery, and disposable medical; non-medical masks are also called personal protective masks, which can be subdivided into anti-proof according to their applicable scenarios. Particulate matter and daily protection. Masks for different purposes have different technical requirements and different scopes of application.
Major mask categories in China
2. Use appearance and packaging information to distinguish medical/non-medical masks
Distinguish by mask structure
Resolved by the filter valve. Masks with filter valves are generally not medical masks. For example, Article 4.3 of the Chinese Medical Protective Mask Standard GB 19803-2010 clearly states that “masks should not have an exhalation valve”. This can prevent droplets, microorganisms, etc. from exhaling through the exhalation valve, thereby harming others. Civil masks are allowed to have an exhalation valve. The exhalation valve can reduce the exhalation resistance, which is beneficial to the operator for a long time.
Distinguish through the information on the outer packaging
The minimum unit package of mask products sold through formal channels should have information such as the name of the product, the standards implemented and the level of protection. The information expressed by these businesses can be used as a distinguishing point. For example, if the product name contains "Medical" or "surgical" and "Medical" in English, it can generally be regarded as a medical mask.
- Against COVID-19, Gaoteng Logistics is in action
- Gao Teng Logistics is about to usher in its 20th birthday
- What to do if the customs inspects the goods in the import and export of containers
- Mask standards applicable to my country and foreign countries in container import and export
- 20th Anniversary Thank Customers and All Carriers
- Matters needing attention for export of some protective materials for container import and export from May 1
- How individuals prevent new coronavirus
- Chlorine trifluoride in import and export of dangerous goods
- Logistics companies strengthen employee training to improve employee quality