What is LCL?
If more than two tickets are assembled in one container, they should be delivered at the destination container freight station or inland station separately.
1. The shipper faxes the consignment note to the shipper, and the content must indicate: shipper, consignee, notify party, specific port of destination, number of pieces, gross weight, size, freight terms (prepaid, collect, pay at third place), product name , Shipping date, other requirements such as fumigation, customs declaration, inspection, etc.
2. The shipper arranges the ship according to the requirements on the shipper's consignment note, and sends the ship notification to the shipper. The shipping notice will indicate the ship's name, bill of lading number, delivery address, contact phone number, contact person, latest delivery time, and port entry time. And require the shipper to deliver the goods according to the information provided, and purchase the goods before the latest delivery time.
3. The shipper carries out customs clearance of goods to ensure that the goods can be shipped out smoothly.
4. The consignor faxed the confirmation of the bill of lading to the shipper one day before shipment. Please ask the shipper to confirm the return before shipping, otherwise it may affect the normal issuance of the bill of lading. After sailing, the shipper will issue the bill of lading within one working day after receiving the shipper's bill of lading confirmation, and settle the related fees.
5. After the goods are shipped, the principal should provide the destination port agent information and second-way pre-allocation information to the shipper. The shipper can contact the destination port for customs clearance and delivery matters based on the relevant information.
1. Shipping LCL can be divided into straight spell or transfer spell. Direct spell means that the goods in the LCL container are loaded and unloaded at the same port, and the goods are not unpacked before the goods arrive at the destination port, that is, the goods are the same port of discharge. This type of LCL service has a short delivery time, is convenient and fast, and generally strong LCL companies will provide such services.
Transshipment refers to goods in containers that are not in the same port of destination, and need to be unpacked or unloaded or transshipped midway. Due to factors such as different destination ports and long waiting time for such goods, the shipping period is longer, and even the freight rate is higher.
2. LCL cargo generally cannot accept the designation of a specific shipping company. The shipping company only accepts the booking of FCL cargo and does not directly accept the booking of LCL cargo. For company bookings,"concentrate on handling and centrally allocate".
3. When negotiating a deal with a customer, special attention should be paid to the relevant transportation terms so as not to find that the transportation terms cannot be met when the consignment is issued after the other party’s letter of credit is issued. In daily operations, we often encounter L/C stipulating that LCL shipments do not accept bills of lading for freight forwarders. Because shipping companies do not directly accept bookings for LCL cargo, the shipping bill of lading of the shipping company is issued to the freight forwarder, and the freight forwarder If the house b/l is issued to the consignor, if the l/c stipulates that the freight forwarding b/l is not accepted, then there is no room for selection during the actual transportation, which will cause a discrepancy between the l/c.
4. The billing tons of LCL shipments strive to be accurate. Before delivery of LCL cargo, the factory should be required to measure the weight and size of the goods as accurately as possible. When the goods are delivered to the warehouse designated by the freight forwarder, the warehouse will generally re-measure, and the re-measured size and weight will be charged standard.
If the factory changes the packaging, the factory should be required to notify it in time. Do not wait until the goods are delivered to the freight forwarding warehouse. The freight forwarder will feedback the information back. The time is often tight. If you change the customs declaration documents, it is easy to delay the customs declaration or incur urgent customs declaration fees. He Chong port fees.
5. In some ports, due to the lack of LCL cargo supply and high costs, freight forwarding companies specializing in LCL adopt the minimum charge standard for goods with a small volume, such as the minimum is 2 freight tons, that is, less than 2 freight tons, All charges are based on 2 freight tons. Therefore, when the volume of goods is relatively small, the goods with a more biased port should consider some of these factors in order to avoid being passive in the future.
6. For some routes and ports that are relatively remote, and customers propose to deliver LCL cargo to inland points, it is best to consult before signing the transaction to confirm that shipping companies and freight forwarding companies can undertake these remote ports and inland points Sign the contract after delivery and related expenses.
7. Customs in various places will focus on inspecting commodities that are sensitive and protected by trademark property rights. For goods involving intellectual property rights, the "Intellectual Property Declaration Form" should be completed in advance, whether it is a brand or not, whether it is a trademark registered by the company or factory, or a customer order. They should prepare relevant registered trademark information or customer authorization letter in advance.
Common causes and preventive measures
(1) The cargo owner is too late to enter the warehouse or temporarily cancel the shipping booking but the booking is not canceled in time.
Precautions: All freight forwarders are required to maintain regular communication with the consignor before the cut-off date and provide timely feedback. And inform the cargo owner that he has the responsibility to notify, otherwise it will incur a cabin fee.
(2) A large proportion of super squares/reduced squares/overweight.
Precautions: All freight forwarders are required to ask the owner of the cargo to make the same order as possible with the actual cargo.
(3) After the goods are put into the warehouse, it is found that the characteristics or specifications of the goods themselves cannot be carried, such as"Liquid/Dangerous Goods/Oversized and Overweight".
Precautions: Please inform the freight forwarder that our company will not accept liquids/dangerous goods/semi-dangerous goods. Oversized and overweight parts must be confirmed in advance.
(4) Customs inspection results in the inability to ship in time.
Precautions: All freight forwarders are required to ensure that the customs declaration of the cargo owner is consistent, the documents are consistent, and the goods are consistent. If the customs has any questions, please cooperate with the customs officer to reply to the customs in a clear and timely manner. .
Is it more cost-effective to split the whole box into a LCL?
On the surface, the freight is saved, but the consignee will pay more at the port of destination: for example d/o, for example dthc, unloading charge, etc. The sum of these costs far exceeds the savings. In two batches, the consignee's trucking fee is increased.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Differences between DDP, DDU and DAP trade terms in container import and export shipping
- Types and characteristics of container shipping containers
- The impact of container shipping volume fluctuations
- Common logistics and transportation terms for bulk cargo
- Chinese and English shipping name table
- Dalian Container Terminal has the ability to electronically release all domestic and foreign cargo logistics
- International express delivery from price competition to informatization competition
- Notice on the current better service of foreign trade logistics
- Sinotrans opens up a new channel for international logistics between China and Europe